Dear Birth Center Families,
At KBC we are striving to keep the birth Center free from Covid 19.
We are taking best practice steps culled from our county, state and national organizations as well as professional organizations like the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) or American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
A few examples of these steps are:
- At this time:
- We are limiting the number of clients allowed into the building at one time.
- Our staff wears masks and uses good hand washing.
- For appointments (not including birth):
- Our clients wait in their cars until their midwife calls them in for their prenatal or postpartum appointment.
- Upon entering KBC, they are asked to wear a mask, use sanitizer and go to the restroom to wash their hands for 20-seconds.
- After they finish, they are quickly led back to the office for their appointment.
- During births:
- We encourage only partners and one other support person to be present at births.
- We do not have others in the waiting room at this time.
Finally we encourage a healthy lifestyle with quality supplements and prayer for the health and wellness of ourselves and clients.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.
Katy Birth Center
Updated: June 27, 2020